Question: Why isn’t there a red squiggle underline under focussed in CATalyst? I’ve noticed a couple of words like that, that spell check seems to think are okay, and I want CATalyst to recognize that they’re mis-spelled.
Answer: According to the wordlists used by the Spell Check feature in Case CATalyst, both focused and focussed are acceptable spellings for the past tense of the word focus. If you would prefer the spelling “focussed” not to be recognized by CATalyst’s spell check feature, here’s what you can do:
- Click File, Open, Wordlist, Personal Wordlist (or press Alt+f, o, w, p).
- Click the Insert button on the toolbar (or press Ctrl+i).
- In the Insert Wordlist Entry dialog, at Word: type the word focussed.
- At Action to Take, select Exclude.
- Click OK.
- Close and save the changes to the Wordlist file.
The word focussed will now appear with a red squiggle underline and the Spell Check Transcript spell feature will stop on it and prompt you to take an action to correct the spelling.
Do you have a Case CATalyst question you’d like to see answered in the RAQs? E-mail it to RAQ@stenograph.com.
Case CATalyst Recently Asked Questions are written by Cindi Hartman, Stenograph’s Training Program Manager.